Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My new life as a cupcake critique-(tweake)r
I decided the other night that I'm just going to give into being fat. It is bound to happen sooner or later, might as well accept it while I can right? So this means I've said fuck it for the most part.
Let the downward spiral of pastries, ice cream, soda, and pinball @ the local begin!
I will start this now and who knows how long it will continue. Each week I'll make some new addition of a pastry critique. Sometimes the photos will be of low quality because they may come from my cell phone. None of these critiques will be planned, they will more than likely come spontaneously on bike rides. This tends to be the case, my hunger for pastries tend to come when I'm out on a training ride.

Anyways, here is the first piece......

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This beautiful cupcake was made by the fine hippies at The Black Sheep in Amherst, Ma.. I went in there after a fine meal with my buddy Eli. We decided, well really I decided to oink out, and we went in there looking for trouble. Guess what, we found it. Everything looked great, mainly the fruit tarts, but that cute little cupcake caught my attention. Gourment cup cakes are so hot right now.
It consisted of a vanilla based frosting, which I will openly say I am fond of, what kid with an eating disorder isn't fond of vanilla frosting? The cup cake itself was chocolate. I didn't ask, which thinking back I should have, so I can not comment as to whether or not it was vegan. Honestly I could care less, but I know a few people reading this might, so I'll actually go back and ask and make revisions later. This cup cake was good! The frosting wasn't one bit crunchy, nor overly vanillaish. The actual cupcake was moist, very moist, but not the under baked type moist that would have me worried about pooping my stomach out the next morning. These cute little reindeer cupcakes would definitely get messed up if I caught them in a back alley.

2 Comments:

Blogger megA said...

grrrrrreeeeeeaaaat. . .

you're eating shit and farting on my pillows aren't you?

I KNEW IT!!

11:04 PM  
Blogger Leanna said...

"Gourment cup cakes are so hot right now."

LOL. I <3 you cupcake boy.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home