Monday, November 05, 2007

I'm not exactly sure what I did to myself yesterday. One of two things happened : 1) I knocked myself stupid or 2) I finally knocked some sense into my head. Most of you would agree that I'm not very bright so how could I possibly get any dumber. And well there's probably not much hope for me gathering any sense, that type of blow would probably kill me before contributing to any greater good of my mental state.
This does involve a race report, I'll keep it short, because after all it's pretty easy to sum up.

Yesterdays race was the Cycle-Smart Classic here in the Pioneer Valley. This is a part of the New England State (had to do it mick) Verge Series, which means that it is a UCI ranked race. Some of the usual suspects were out in Colorado racing the Boulder Cup stuff, but trust me it was still very quick. We lined up some 60 deep, I am still pointless so to the back of the starting grid I went. They said go and off we went down the first oh shit corner. For those of us in the back this wasn't much fun, sprinting down a paved road into a 90* bend with 50something dudes in front of you will get the blood going. Picked my way through some people through the corners, tried not to punch it a lot figured I would weed my way through. We started to approach the steep run up, it didn't seem like it was going anywhere but everyone coming into it came in at full speed and crammed there way in, I was one of the latter. Somewhere in the madness of the run up, the ground came out from under me and I suddenly found myself in a bad spot. My head managed to hit my handlebar pretty hard then I managed to go further south finding my face in the ground with the rest of my body. Somehow I got up quickly and ran as hard as I could, but when I remounted my bike it wasn't difficult to tell that something wasn't right. In retrospect I probably should have pulled out at this point but I choose to keep trying. That was fairly pointless though because I had no more focus, no more "GRRRRR FACE" as MegaBilatoot would say. She has bad gas people, its true. Anyone watching could see that I looked lost out on the race course and well that was due to the fact that I was. The rest of the race was pretty lame I kept pedaling but no solid effort was coming from my legs making it fairly difficult to do anything. With 4 laps to go they pulled me and I was happy to get out of the way. To say the least I was pretty bummed, regardless. This was a close race and everyone wants to do well when they are on "home turf".
BIGBIGBIG props to the cycle-smart crew and everyone involved with the race! What a great venue and a great lay out. This was my first time attending the race and would highly recommend it to anyone.
Now back to the knocked stupid portion. Anyone who's bumped there head once or twice might be able to comment on this, but last night I had some weird dreams and some trouble sleeping between dreams. The first one was probably the worst, every dream was interrupted from me waking up somehow. It was like a bad interval session, eventually I would fall back asleep only to have the same crap happen. Anyone ever have this happen to them? Did something get triggered from this? I hope not because that honestly was not my idea of fun. Anyways I think I'll be alright, going to take it easy today which is a difficult thing for me to do.

- jamie

1 Comments:

Blogger megA said...

I do NOT have bad gas.

My cat does.

I swear.

You looked tres unhappes yesterday.

We'll ride tomorrow. I didn't ride today. Stupid dumb listserv people made me toooooooo angry.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home